KaterB1270
KaterB1270, Life Skills Instructor
Experience:  BS Family Consumer Sciences Ed. and Masters of Art in Teaching

describe in detail a time when you provided exceptional customer

describe in detail a time when you provided exceptional customer service.
When I worked as a CSR at commercial bank, one day, there was a hearing-impaired person walking into the branch. he required to open an account. I was trying to make him relax since I knew this was his first time to open his personal account. during the procedure of opening account, in order to communicate with him effectively and follow the policy at the same time, I used Microsoft word to be our communicate tool so that I could type down relevant account policy for him to ensure that he could understand what policy he should have followed and informed him what account options he could choice and he could also type down his inquiries to me. Based on his circumstance, I suggested him to choice the safest account. Furthermore, I made the note on our internal banking system to highlight his circumstance to ensure that he could also obtain the same service and same communication method he was more comfortable with. End of our service, he was pretty satisfied with my service. even though he was unable to use oral expression, I could still feel that by his hand shaking.
Category: Job
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I am still waiting for the response. What information do you need?
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. No further information is needed at the moment. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  KaterB1270 replied 1 year ago.

That is a great experience and I am sure you made the customers day. What do you need me to do? Did you want me to share another great customer service experience or edit the one you have written? Please advise and I will proceed from there.

KateB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could you edit this for me and share another similar customer service experience as well? Thank you.

Expert:  KaterB1270 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Below is the edited version of your first post.

When I worked as a Customer Service Representative at a commercial
bank, one day, there was a hearing-impaired gentleman walking into the branch. He wanted to open an account. I was trying to help him relax since I knew this was the first time in our branch location. While opening account, I used Microsoft word as
our communication tool so that I could type down relevant account policies and
procedures. I wanted him to understand what policies and procedures were attached to his account. I also informed him of the account options he could choose from. In response to my communication he typed down his responses and or questions about the account. I was able to suggest a great banking product to him and he then proceeded to open the account. Furthermore, I made a note on our account
system to highlight his circumstance to ensure that he could also obtain great
service and an assisted communication method upon return to any branch of our
bank. When we had finished up opening the account I could tell he was very appreciative of my assistance. I was also able to tell when we shook hands
as he was readying to leave. He hand was shaking and he had a huge smile assuring me I had done a great job.

Below is my example from my life:

While working in a restaurant I was waiting on a family whose child had a peanut allergy. The child was about the age of three and was very well behaved. The mother asked many questions about our menu but was still concerned about the chance of a peanut contamination on the child's food. She explained to me that if the child came into contact with even the slightest amount of peanut product or even residue from a shared knife, it could cause a medical reaction and possible anaphylaxis for her small child. I was worried about the child and wanted to
do what I could to assist the family. I decided the best way to ensure there
was not contact with a peanut product was to serve the food directly from the
packaging to which it was delivered to the restaurant. This meant no cooking or processing of the food. So I suggest to the mother a ham sandwich
on rye bread with cheddar cheese apple slices and yogurt with granola. The child ate almost the whole meal and was without harm in the end. The mom was so ecstatic that I had taken the time to help her find a peanut free meal for her child she left me a $20 tip on a much smaller bill.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out. I hope these answers work for what you are looking for. Have a great day!

KateB

KaterB1270, Life Skills Instructor
Experience: BS Family Consumer Sciences Ed. and Masters of Art in Teaching
Expert:  KaterB1270 replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if I can be of any more assistance? Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else.

Have a great day,

KateB