hrguru206
hrguru206, HR Professional
Experience:  BSBA from UCF, PHR Certified, Member of SHRM

I need a 30-60 -90 day plan for a new customer service manager.

Customer Question

I need a 30-60 -90 day plan for a new customer service manager. Looking to develop and mentor a young team. Plot out career pathing, implement processes for effeiencies in a highly technical environment
Category: Job
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.

hrguru206 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, I have one that I created that you could use and modify to your specific needs. I would be happy to review your final plan with you upon completion and also offer some feedback on your action items. Please let me know if you are still looking and we can work together to ensure you are satisfied with your final product.

Customer:

is the one you created focused on customer service or technical support? I want more than just a template....

hrguru206 :

I created it for a retail management position.

hrguru206 :

What type of customer service environment do you work in?

Customer:

It is a highly technical support environment; we support wireless technology (high speed internet services that is installed in hotels and WI-FI hot spots). We also provide mobile device management (iphones, ipads, android, black berry and symbian), this new technology allows companies to manage large-scale deployments of mobile devices. The app can lock down an end user’s ability to use specific device features, apps and web browsing and set up rules for non-compliant activities and compromised devices with automated responses. The group I manage are young college students or recent grads, very savvy technically. I am new to this company, my job will be to get to know the team and work on a plan to career path them internally, implement training, learn the products, build relationships with internal organizations, and analyze the current system to identify possible gaps in service. I have been asked to come up with a 30- 60 90 day as to how I would begin to address these tasks and my anticipated achievements by meeting these goals and tasks

hrguru206 :

Sounds like a great opportunity. Are all of the employees at one location or will you be required to travel. I agree the first 30 days is going to be a fact finding mission, getting to know the employees, gathering more knowledge about the products and serivices, evaluating what are the current issues from both management perspective and the employees perspective. The next 30 days will focus on continually building relationships, takiing the issues and developing strategies to overcome them. Developing training and incentive programs for employees. Possibly you would want to visit some customer locations to learn more about the business and attend some trainings yourself. As a manager I like to take a week and work in each department learning the positions of different employees to better understand the business. The 3rd 30 days should first review what was accomplished in the first 60 days. Evaluate financial records and reporting requirements, basically the metrics, and continue with employee development performance management.

Customer:

There will be some travel as we will be expanding to global locations, but that is not part of the 90 day plan. The expansion is 9-18 months out. Based on your last communication I believe you have an idea of what I need. I am ready accept if you feel this enough information, I have to have this completed no later than Tuesday. I would perfer to have it competed by Monday.

hrguru206, HR Professional
Experience: BSBA from UCF, PHR Certified, Member of SHRM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will you be sending me a modified plan, or the plan that previously mentioned plan that has to be modified?
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.
I will send you a modified plan that includes the above information as well as some general item. You can then take that plan and add and delete based on your company specific information. I will have something to you later today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great thank you!

Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My question has been closed , but I have not received the modified plan as expected, did I miss something?

Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.

No, you did not miss anything, the system automatically times it out at a set time. It really has not meaning as we can continue with the question as long as needed, I will still post the information tonight.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to be a pain, this is my first time using this system, I will be patient , Thank you :)
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.

Please do not apologize, I would like you to ask any questions you may have about the site. I have put together some information for you. Please feel free to take the information and modify as you see fit and make it fit your personality and organization.

Here is the link.... http://www.box.com/s/a94fd6cab9e293150a51

I wish you the best of luck on the new job.