Seanna, Hiring Manager
Experience:  Hiring manager, resume prep, interview skills & job search

What personal characteristics define an excellent administ

What personal characteristics define an excellent administrator? This is a school administrator principal/asst. principal.
Category: Job
Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using JustAnswer again. There are many possible answers to this question, but the below are the keys which I think it's safe to say would be considered universally admirable and important.

1. Integrity
  2. Reliability
  3. Supportive
  4. Vision

1. Organized
  2. Efficient
  3. Adaptability
  4. Always Learning

1. Eloquent
  2. Approachable
  3. Empathetic
  4. Persuasive

Best of luck in your application!

Please feel free to ask for me if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Angela I'm sorry that I didn't state that it needs to be in paragraph form. Like an essay question would be answered.

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
An administrator excels by demonstrating mastery of a number of interrelated personal characteristics. First, are concrete skills: a superlative administrator must be organized, efficient, and adaptable. Further, it is important to be a life-long learner and to continually strive for improvement. Second, are communication skills: in order to work with the diverse stakeholders in a school district, an administrator must be approachable and empathetic as well as eloquent and persuasive. Last, but certainly not least, an outstanding administrator will possess leadership qualities. An administrator must possess integrity, reliability, and vision. Such a leader will be loyal and always strive for the best interests of their students, staff and the entire district.