How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask MJ Your Own Question

MJ, Executive
Category: Job
Satisfied Customers: 744
Experience:  Firm's Hiring Director/Studio Manager, former Career Prep Center Teacher
Type Your Job Question Here...
MJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a way to check your own employment history online

Resolved Question:

Is there a way to check your own employment history online.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Job
Expert:  MJ replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thank you for your question.

To obtain a full history of names and dates of employment you must submit Form SSA-7050-F4 to Social Security. (The form is available online, but the data can only be mailed to you.) Here is a link:

There are online "record retrieval" and investigation services that you can pay to obtain information about you (or about anybody else), but these services just access public records to put together histories which are often only partial, and sometimes inaccurate.
The only way to obtain a full and accurate history is with the above form.

I hope this infomation is helpful, and if so please click the green "ACCEPT" icon as this is how I get paid for my answer, through JustAnswer.
Feel free to ask additional related questions.
Thank you.
MJ and other Job Specialists are ready to help you