How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Research Analyst Your Own Question
Research Analyst
Research Analyst, Prof. Researcher
Category: Job
Satisfied Customers: 152
Experience:  Successfully employed in multiple professions for 25+ yrs
Type Your Job Question Here...
Research Analyst is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to be a fireman in MA. How do I go about it I have ...

Resolved Question:

I want to be a fireman in MA. How do I go about it? I have a batchlors degree in libreal arts
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Job
Expert:  Research Analyst replied 9 years ago.


I found out from the State of Massachusetts government website that gave some information about becoming a firefighter. To become a firefighter, you have to attend the Department of Fire Services - Massachusetts Firefighting Academy. Before you attend the Academy, you have to pass a State Civil Service Exam. a_wannabeaff&csid=Eeops

Here's an example of the process required to become a firefighter in Lynn, MA:

Here are some additional informational websites that provide what is required to become a firefighter: ments&sid=Eeops$58

A MA firefighter has put together an e-book that you can order online that might give you some really good insight as well:

Once you have digested some of the information provided, I recommend that you think about what type of firefighter you want to be and also visit local firehouses to talk to the chiefs there to find out what they recommend, based on your desired career path, jobs available in the area where you want to work, and the length of time it will take to get certified as a firefighter.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything I've provided.


Research Analyst and other Job Specialists are ready to help you