Seanna, Hiring Manager
Experience:  Hiring manager, resume prep, interview skills & job search

How old do you have to be to get a legal job in North Carolina

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Job
Expert:  Seanna replied 8 years ago.
Hello Tar, and thanks for using Just Answer. To work legally in North Carolina a minor must be at least fourteen years old and may work only during certain non-school hours. There are a few exceptions which allow children as young as 10 to work, but only when working in agriculture, on the same farm as their family. For typical nonhazardous work, 14-15 year olds may work up to 18 hours in a week, but no more than 3 hours on a school day. The limit changes to allow more hours during holiday and summer breaks. Once a minor reaches 16 years, there are no hourly limits. For additional details you can take a look at this link: Child Labor Law and make sure to have this form filled out before beginning a job.

Please do press ACCEPT, it is the only way I receive credit for my work and research. Thank you!