The Ombudsman
The Ombudsman, Executive
Experience:  Retired executive after 33 years; able to help with employee issues.
2837397

How do I get a 50,000 dollar a year job in Florida

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Job
Expert:  The Ombudsman replied 6 years ago.
What marketable skills and experience do you have? What are you good at? What are your educational achievements?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Ombudsman's Post: Michael A. Littlefield XXXXX#12
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706 (NNN) NNN-NNNNXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Accomplished professional with a proven ability to develop and implement entrepreneurial, sales and customer service strategies that support business and financial objectives. Seeking to capitalize on years of experience toward a career change in Inside Sales/Customer Service.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Tradewinds Island Resort, St. Pete Beach, FL           June 6, 2007 to Sept. 21, 2007
Professional Server, Palm Court Bistro and Bermudas Restaurant

Don CeSar Beach Resort, St. Pete Beach, FL                    Nov. 4, 2003 to May 16, 2007
Professional Server, Sea Porch Café Restaurant

•     Provided exceptional guest service for breakfast, lunch and dinner meal periods.
•     Proactive ability to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
•     Adept at multitasking, performing under pressure, and resolving guest issues.
•     Dedicated to achieving total guest satisfaction.

Littlefield Enterprises, Ltd., Indianapolis, IN                     Feb. 1991 to Nov. 1997
Owner and President, Jimmy’s Bar and Restaurant

•     Purchased and redesigned existing establishment in downtown Indianapolis.
•     Built restaurant and live entertainment venue conceptualizing and realizing a strategic plan.
•     Directed day to day operations including all financial aspects, marketing, advertising, purchasing, inventory control, hiring, and training.
•     Generated sales that resulted in average yearly growth of 27% for six consecutive years.
•     Successfully sold the business in 1997.

DePuy-Mayer and Associates Distributorship, Inc.              Apr. 1983 to Nov. 1990
Indianapolis, IN
Orthopedic Medical Sales Representative

•     Member of a specialized team of sales representatives dedicated to helping orthopedic surgeons improve the quality of lives through product/service sales of hip and knee implants.
•     Conducted pre-surgical consultations with surgeons on a case by case basis, determining the most appropriate product usage to optimize patient results.
•     Grew account base by 123% over seven years in a very competitive industry in an ever declining market.

EDUCATION
                     Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
                     Bachelor of Arts:    Communications, December, 1982
                     Undergraduate Minor: Business Management
•     Currently hold and maintain valid Florida Real Estate License
With your experience between 1991 and 1997, your best approach would appear to be as a restaurant (or restaurant/bar) manager. You will be able to demonstrate a knowledge of what it takes to make an establishment successful by keeping it full of happy customers.

Want ads in local Florida publications should give you notice of positions that are available from time to time. Subscribe to as many local papers as you can. Systematically "cold call" every restaurant within a suitable radius of your current location. Leave your resume wherever you go and send it to those restaurants that are too far away for you to visit.

Once you are in a management position, that should give you some time to research possible ownership positions in a local restaurant. Perhaps you will find someone who plans to retire or wants to sell out for personal reasons.

Your income as a manager will be far more predictable than if you tried your hand at real estate sales, for example. The speculative bubble in Florida has burst for the near term. But people will always want to go out for a good time.

Good luck with your quest!