Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Human Resources Consultant
Experience:  GPHR Cert from SHRM; Military provided 20 yrs exp managing & directing all HR areas + 7 yrs corp
586644

why are you interested in working for our company

Customer Question

why are you interested in working for our company?
Category: Job
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 10 years ago.

Deasr nessy,

This qustion is designed to discover how motivated you are to the industry; to test how much research you did on the company (taking an interest in them), and if you are truly a fit for the position.

On television today, I heard the perfect example of the answer to this question, so I would like to repeat it here.

In an interview on TV 1 in NYC, the new Director of the MET answered that question in this way:

I have worked here as a young man as an usher; I am thrilled with the Met and what it has to over. I absolutely love Operat. It is the perfect blend of all that the performing arts have to offer: music, theater, acting, dance......" He loves the Met, it brings to gether all of these elements and Opera. It is the best the world has to offer. I love this position, and it is my dream, what I have loved doing all my life.

In this statement, he expressses:

1. Knowledge of the organization
  2. Knowledge of the product and services they offer
  3. A genuine love for the product and servivces
  4. A genuine love of the organization.
  5. A mind set that is in cinque with management, staff, and performing artists.

Now perhaps you won't Absolutely Love your work or the place, but you might like it, and be intreged by it, and want to lean more about it.