Ask Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport Your Own Ques...

Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport
Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Experience:  As a VR Counselor I have helped many people with job searches and job development.
14607

why are you interested in working for our company

Customer Question

for a job at old navy
Category: Job
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 9 years ago.
I am interested in working for your company because I see a stable, well developed company that offers valuable products to the public. Old Navy has a sales and marketing plan that has proven effective and is, therefore, able to fill my long term career goals. I look forward to learning and growing along with the company.
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 9 years ago.

This is a common question --both on employment applications, and at job interviews.

Tfalkner's suggested wording in the previous post may work well (if you
modify it to sound like you) on an application -- but you also have to
be the handle this type of question during a job interview.

In my mind it is really two questions in one:

First Question: "Why will a job at Old Navy be a 'good fit' for you?"

(Which really means -- What do you hope to learn, or accomplish, by working at Old Navy?)

Second Question: "Why Will hiring you be a 'good fit' for Old Navy?

(Which really means -- Why should we hire you -- instead of one of the other 50 applicants we have for this position?)

You need to be able to give a good answer on the application and (if you get that far) at the interview. 

In order to do that, you need to do some research about:

Old Navy
-- (use the link) find out about the Company.  What is
its Mission Statement?  How much is its stock worth?  If you
know anyone who works there, try to find out something about the person
who will be interviewing you-- personality, interests, etc.?

Yourself -- (sorry, can't provide a link here) think about your goals,
wishes, dreams.  Get comfortable talking about your interests,
strengths talents (and yes, a weakness or two) so that an interviewer
will first of all, remember you -- and then be able to see you as a
unique person -- that they can mentally put 'on-the-job' and see that
you would, indeed, be a 'good fit' at Old Navy.

Good Luck !