khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

This is my question after last response last night from dr.

Customer Question

This is my question after last response last night from dr.Anything I should look out for?Secondly I have a hematoma on my right knee which is quite swollen and swelling spread above and down leg. It seems my lymph nodes in groin are swollen and under armpit (both on right side only). Armpit right side very sore. My finger injury is right side too. Any connection or concern?From dr"I thought you had a tetanus at 4 years ago and than at 8 months (was a comma there!).Tetanus occurs in contaminated wounds. With clean wounds, tetanus in not likely. With a booster 4 years 8 months ago; immunity do persists. Though it is not optimum.With your symptoms I do not suspect tetanus.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Common signs and symptoms of tetanus include:

• Spasms and stiffness in your jaw muscles (trismus)
  • Stiffness of your neck muscles
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Stiffness of your abdominal muscles
  • Painful body spasms lasting for several minutes, typically triggered by minor occurrences, such as a draft, loud noise, physical touch or light

It is unlikely you have tetanus.

You could have bacteria infection around the knee. If so, the lymph nodes react with the infection. You should see a surgeon to have exam, a blood test, imaging studies, and the treatment such as draining pus, removal of the infected tissue, antibiotics.