khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Went to cardiologist a few months ago maybe less and had

Customer Question

Went to cardiologist a few months ago maybe less and had some testing done due to living a very unhealthy lifestyle the last eleven years ( smoking a lot not exercising at all compared to often before and not eating much and when I eat not eating healthy unlike before I don't know what's changed me like this but this how I been and still am ) anyway I have these pressure feelingsbthat keep coming and going that sometimes feel like they radiate to my back right side middle of chest and it a deep dull ache that comes and goes and when it comes it makes my whole body kind of cringe , cardiologist never called me with results so I'm assuming that nothing was found
Can these pains in my chest be due to having used cocaine over the weekend ? Thing that gets me Is if my results were not worrisome in any way why would I have these pressure like sensations in my chest after using cocaine ? This never used I happen to me but I haven't used cocaine in about twelve years and when I did use it I was way healthier then I am now thanks to living a very much healthier lifestyle before ?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

sorry I will opt out for another expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cause it's me and you think it's just my health anxiety rather then an actual problem
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Cocaine acutely increases heart rate, blood pressure, and systemic vascular resistance by increasing adrenergic activity in the heart, and indirectly via the CNS. The increased myocardial oxygen demand, coupled with decreased coronary blood flow from vasospasm and vasoconstriction, can cause acute myocardial infarction, even in young persons without atherosclerosis. Cocaine use is a factor in about one-quarter of nonfatal heart attacks in persons younger than 45 years.