DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I've been having heart palpation (a lot of them) for about a

Customer Question

Hello :) I've been having heart palpation (a lot of them) for about a week. Was in the er last Monday because if them yet they didn't find much after monitoring me for about 6hrs. Went to my local cardiologist on tues. They hooked me up to a monitor for just a min or 2, I didn't hv any (of course). He looked through my blood wk done at the er. My potassium was 3.5 so he pit me on some prescription potassium. Been taking them everyday since, heart palp. Haven't changed. I am weak but the Dr says that's from anxiety from the palps. I feel like I'm crazy and very reluctant on contacting him again. I do hv a history of anxiety, a second opinion
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem

There are two main possibilities to consider in your case

One is a possibility that the palpitation can just be due to anxiety

Second thing to consider for any organic cause for your symptoms. One way to further look at any abnormality would be to have a 24 hour Holter monitoring as it will detect any abnormal rhythm of your heart and a normal reading will be good enough to say there is no such rhythm disturbance. Secondly a test for thyroid function should also be done to see if an abnormality in thyroid is giving you symptom of palpitations.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards