Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have an very visibly swollen lymph behind my ear and at

Customer Question

I have an very visibly swollen lymph behind my ear and at the top of my jawline that has grown since yesterday. I've had a cold for 6 days now with no throats issues or coughing only a very congested nose and headache with fatigue. The mucus is very bloody, yellow and thick. Should I be concerned about the painful lymphs that are growing in size?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

.Lymph nods increase in size during acute upper respiratory tract and throat infections. Nothing much to worry about. But your symptoms suggest that the infection is caused by bacteria so it would be better to see your doctor so that antibiotics can be started timely. Steam inhalation and salt water gargles would help a lot. Take ibuprofen for headache and pain relief.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.