How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tazechip Your Own Question
tazechip, MD
Category: Cardiology
Satisfied Customers: 26757
Experience:  Yeard of experience in Critical Care Medicine
Type Your Cardiology Question Here...
tazechip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What Doctor should I go see if I am a smoker and constantly

Customer Question

What Doctor should I go see if I am a smoker and constantly feel winded
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  tazechip replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

A Family Practice doctor or an urgent care doctor can start the workup to see what your problem is--whether it's emphysema or chronic bronchitis/asthma.

Usually those conditions can be diagnosed and treated without the need of a pulmonologist

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'm thinking it do to smoking and I'm worried that eventho fairly young still I passed the point of return ? Possible ? I a pack and a half smoker a day for the past eleven years but been smoking for twenty
Expert:  tazechip replied 20 days ago.

No, not the point of no return if you'll stop.

You may have some emphysema and that can never be reversed but the rest of your lungs has the capacity to take up the slack.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Yea I do have emphysema mild as of 2014 or so and chronic bronchitis that was last time I was at pulmonologist
Expert:  tazechip replied 20 days ago.

If it was mild then most of your problem is the chronic bronchitis that will completely clear if you stop smoking.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Really wow that sounds promising ! Even after two years almost three maybe my mild emphysema can still be mild ?
Expert:  tazechip replied 20 days ago.

Probably it still is mild--just bite the bullet and stop the cigarettes