tazechip
tazechip, MD
Experience:  Yeard of experience in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

I am going to have 3 teeth pulled this week. I am currently

Customer Question

hi I am going to have 3 teeth pulled this week. I am currently taking 25 mg metoprolol twice a day for tach0ycardia. I also have a lower bundle branch block. the cardiologist I'm seeing which is only once a year said I have an electric thing and that I might need a pacemaker when I'm 90..which made me feel a lot better.. I am getting conscious sedation for the teeth extractions. should I tell the dentist no epi for the novacaine..also I have to fast 8 hrs before..so I can't eat when I take my pill..they said just a small sip of water to take it. It says I have to take it with food which I always have..Is it going to make me sick that day if I take it on an empty stomach? I'm petrified of going this week but I can't put it off any longer.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  tazechip replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Yes you should let the dentist know so that you won't get the epi with the novocaine.

And no real problem with taking the metoprolol on an empty stomach this one time--it shouldn't cause any nausea

Please let me know if you need any more information.