Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

The other day I had a routine check up, blood work came back

Customer Question

The other day I had a routine check up , blood work came back perfect! But my blood pressure was 88/68
My blood pressure is usually on the lower side being more at about 110/70.
I now bought a machine and have been checking daily- it seems to be About 110/58. I know the top number looks good now but what is the low 58 about? Is this something to get checked? I started added salt into my diet as of yesterday as I eat very healthy and sodium isn't a big part of my diet..
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 24 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 24 days ago.

As far as you do not have any symptoms like dizziness or chest pain, nothing much to worry about. Just keep a check and take lots of fluids as dehydration sometimes cause low blood pressure. Rest assured.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I feel fine -never dizzy or chest pain. I do excercise a few days a week- maybe this is why? I have fainted about 3 times in my life.. I'm wondering if the low blood pressure had anything to do with it- as I have had all checked and everything came back fine.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
as long as I don't have any other symptoms, these low numbers aren't much to worry about?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have heard as long as the upper number is ***** the lowest number can be lower?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 24 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there is nothing to worry about as far as you have no symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is it true that the lower bottom number is ***** to have a low number? The top number should be above 90??
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

Yes top number should be above 90 and lower above 55.

Regards.