tazechip
tazechip, MD
Experience:  Yeard of experience in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

I had two stents put in my hears 6 years ago. All tests have

Customer Question

I had two stents put in my hears 6 years ago. All tests have been normal since and I am on minimal medication consisting of : lotenson 5 mg; daily low dose aspirin; nature-toroid 97; and diuretic hydrochloride 25 mg daily. This morning I jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen and was horsing around with my husband when I felt wholly headed. I went back to the couch and took my blood pressure. It was 11/63 with a pulse of 73. My normal pulse in in the high 70's low 80's so this was a bit low and blood pressure usually in the low 120s over 60 - 80. What could have caused this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr. Chip

Can you tell me exactly what you meant by "wholly headed?"

And can you give me that blood pressure reading again since 11/63 is an impossible reading?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
woozy.... is what it should have read. my computer often changes words.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Blood pressure was meant to be 111/63
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Light headed might be more descriptive.
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

OK Thanks.

And how long did the woozy feeling last? Any other symptoms like vision changes, chest pain, palpitations?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not long. Once I sat down I was OK and there seemed to be no other symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I usually am pretty sedentary in the early hours. Not like me to jump up and start running around like I did this morning.
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

OK. That blood pressure reading was a little low but not all that much, but it might explain the light-headedness.

That said, this could have been a transient ischemic attack--a threatened stroke.

You need to let your doctor check you out as soon as possible to determine whether or not it was a TIA and to see if an MRI of your brain and an EKG are in order here.

All in all, most likely it isn't anything to worry about, but since I can't examine you, I'm obligated to suggest you let your doctor know what happened.

Please let me know if you need to discuss this any further

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand. I do have an appointment with my cardiologist soon and I will certainly mention this to him.
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

I strongly suggest you call him now and just let him know to see if he wants to see you sooner.

Please let me know how it goes and please remember to give me a positive rating for my service to you.