Dr. Captain
Dr. Captain, Physician
Experience:  A family doctor, with medical and residency training in Boston, MA, patients of all ages and wide range of illnesses.
72350808

My blood pressure is always high but to day it was 168/100

Customer Question

my blood pressure is always high but to day it was 168/100 what do i do i am already on two blood pressure pills and i am getting dizzy
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified, licensed and certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy. I have advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine.

Thank you for the question, and giving me the opportunity to help you.

Although I can try to address your question thoroughly, if you have immediate medical concerns, or feel like there is something urgently wrong, it is important to consult a doctor/nurse practitioner/physician's assistant, in person. There are aspects of your experience, features of the history you're telling me and some things that are left out (even unknowingly), and certainly features of a physical exam of your body that can't translate over this type of online communication. Unfortunately, because of the nature of this type of chat, some important concerns could be easily missed, and I could unwillingly get the wrong impression from you, or give you information based on incomplete information.

The Three options you have for blood pressure control are elimination of the aspects of your diet which may be increasing the blood pressure, adding lifestyle changes that will help the blood pressure, and medication changes/additions.

Would you like information on one or all of these?

For diet adjustments, I would recommend investigating recommendations on www.choosemyplate.gov . for options regarding medications, it is a discussion that really depends on your personal medical history, and should be reviewed with a physician who knows you well. I'm happy to offer suggestions for specific changes, in the future, if you'd like.!

If you have no further questions,If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and I'm eager to continue answering your questions until you feel like you have received 5-star service. Any other ratings suggest something was wrong and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for improvements.

If you’re satisfied with the above, I thank you for the question! And hopefully I'll see you again soon. If you have any follow up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/