Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I was asleep my body woke me up felt like i was about to

Customer Question

I was asleep my body woke me up felt like i was about to pass out went back then body woke me up again i was felt like i was about to pass out again. i gained 15 lbs lately and my pressure shot up. i have been under a lot of stress lately
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Yes, stress is also a risk factor for high blood pressure. You should talk to your doctor about stress management and possibly medication to control your stress until things improve.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but why did my body wake me up when i was about to pass out and restabalize itself that is what i am concerned about this has never happened it happened twice during the night.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

If your brain is not getting enough oxygen, it will wake you up. This can happen for various reasons including a sleep disorder like sleep apnea (in which affected persons stop breathing temporarily), severe heartburn in which acid reflux causes the windpipe to stay closed for awhile, or even a rhythm problem with the heart.