Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  I am a certified critical care specialist with experience of working in cardiology for over 2 years including CCU and CSICU
22950887

What does a 5.14rbc mean?

Customer Question

Hi what does a 5.14rbc mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question. Are you talking about the RBC count on a complete blood count (CBC) blood test?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

since you are talking about teh RBC count on a CBC test then this range is perfectly within the normal range for females. The normal RBC (red blood cell) count for females is between 4.2 - 5.4 million cells/ul . This is a completely normal test result and NOTHING to be worried about. If it was even at 5.6 or 5.8, i would still not be worried as that would indicate that you may be slightly dehydrated but given that it falls within the normal range, you can rest easy and this is a normal test result. Some labs would mark it as raised however it is still considered as normal according to international parameters.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok because the lab did mark it as high 5.14 so I wanted to be sure cause my doc didn't say anything but I wondered

No it is not that high, as i said many labs can take this number as high but i would still consider it as normal and by the sound of it, so does your doctor otherwise he would have mentioned it. Mild elevations in the count can be due to mild dehydration but i would not consider this number as high. You have nothing to worry about with this number.

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.