Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani,
Experience:  Cardiology at Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have episodes of light-headedness, very low blood

Customer Question

I have episodes of light-headedness, very low blood pressure, high heart rate. Have had angio, echos, EKGs, bloodwork, no diagnosis. I watch exertion, am sure to hydrate -- and still have the problem. It can happen soon after getting up in the morning, or other times of day, sometimes sitting at a table, other times after doing work outside in the garden. Time to recover can be a couple of hours to a day or more. Onset is abrupt, symptoms increase over time, not all at once.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: Saw cardiologist 4 days ago. He is baffled. Were going to use Holter monitor over a period of time, but I had bad reactions to the leads.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have some difficulty with breathing, but pulmonologist does not feel there is anything we can treat. Somewhat low lung capacity. I'm 72, somewhat overweight. Spend a lot of time working physically, pacing myself, but cannot walk far without getting breathless. So, I slow down. When I say low blood pressure, it gets to 78/40, hr 120 (once 155).
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 11 days ago.

I'll be glad to help.

I understand your concerns as a Cardiologist.

Another form for a monitor can be a tiny device that gets implanted under your skin - without the use of leads - this should definitely be a consideration.

Also, once on the monitor, the carotid arteries should be manipulated (if the ultrasound has shown that they are disease free without any plaques). There are sensors near and about the carotid arteries that sometimes act up leading to some of these symptoms - the monitor would be able to catch these.

Wish you a speedy recovery,

warm regards,

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating if the question has been answered to your satisfaction.
Also feel free to let me know if you have more questions.
Warm regards,