Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My friend has pain in both legs with swelling and redness in

Customer Question

my friend has pain in both legs with swelling and redness in calf area also both of her feet are numb and tingly anything nerve related has been ruled out can u please suggest other possible reasons? also she has history of seizures but has not had one in about a year was prescribed steroids not sure what kind all i know is that they start with m also she is very obese
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Since how long she has all this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
for about 10 days says she cant walk swelling and redness has developed over last couple days
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she leads almost completely sedentary lifestyle before any of these symptoms

What sort of tests have been done so far? Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
mri, emg

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your friends problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description the cause can be in the blood vessels of the legs, liver, heart, kidney etc. All these problems can cause excessive pooling of blood in legs and can further cause the symptoms she has. Even tingling and numbness can be due to excessive pressure . MRI and emg can't diagnose this problem. She should see her doctor to get tests like doppler ultrasound of the legs , heart ECHO and tests for liver and kidneys. Further treatment will be done accordingly. Steroids never help in these cases and most likely water pills prescribed by her doctor can help her get rid of this excessive fluid and as a result the other symptoms will get better. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards