dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Iam a medical specilaist and now doing training in Cardiology and have more then ten years experience in respective field.

I have been having heart palpitations of and on for past 6

Customer Question

I have been having heart palpitations of and on for past 6 months. I am 38 years old male who smokes and my bmi is 29. My stress echo was normal. However despite my doctors advice I pushed for CT angiogram which reported mild atherosclerosis in both LAD and RCA but no major stenosis was seen with calcium score of zero. My cardiologist shrugged it off and told me I am normal and my symptoms are due to anxiety. I still am confused about the CT report results and my palpitations are still there.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  dr abid replied 19 days ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 19 days ago.

Hello ...

I will agree with your Cardiologist , zero calcium scores itself is good indicator of healthy coronaries even when you have mild Atherosclerosis in RCA and LAD .

Palpitations could be because of anxiety , Thyroid hormone issue or low Hemoglobin .

I will suggest you to have Thyroid function test along with Hemoglobin levels .

And start strong Anti anxiety medications to overcome anxiety please .

Relax , nothing wrong with your heart .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Expert:  dr abid replied 19 days ago.

Are you there ...

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am here
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am attaching the CT report for your review. What is it meant by alert category 3 and whats the maximum alert category.
Expert:  dr abid replied 19 days ago.

Well this report suggests that when you keep calcium score in mind you have nil risk for heart disease .

Mild Atherosclerosis is not an issue , this will go away with low fatty diet , exercise and healthy life styles .

Relax please .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .