Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I am a 19 year old and was wondering if I had a "silent"

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 19 year old and was wondering if I had a "silent" heart attack? The reson I feel like this is because, all day for the past week I have had a pounding, fast heartbeat, my chest feels as if someone is pulling the muscles of my chest and it gets warm to the touch and random pains and aches in my upper body. I worked yesterday and seemed to have been fine, but I couldn't bring my heart rate down all day. I was walking downstairs today and felt dizzy and faint. I went to the doctor two days ago and had an EKG done that showed normal sinus rhythm and 81 bpm.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. First of all I can assure that you didn't have any silent heart attack BUT it is important to investigate thoroughly any underlying heart disease with the help of 24 hour Holter monitor, stress test for heart and also important to rule out thyroid disorder, anemia, electrolyte imbalance with the help of some blood tests. Sometimes acid-reflux disease can also present like heart pain. I will suggest to ask your doctor for thorough investigations like I mentioned above.

will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes

Dr. Amir Javed