Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

My son-in-law has had numerous stents placed over the last

Customer Question

my son-in-law has had numerous stents placed over the last nine years. Now the cardiologist says that he has a weak, over worked heart. What does this mean. He is 57 years old.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: His father died in his fifties from heart disease.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has severe arthritis in his back. and he high cholesterol due heredity. He is on medication for this. He has a defibalator and he had AAA repair a year or so ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. What's his heart ejection fraction?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not know
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for coming back. I would like to say that when cardiologist or doctor says that someone heart is weak or functioning low or overworked then it's mean Heart ejection fraction is low which is less then 50% it's pumping ability of heart. We can check this in heart echo. Also sometimes people develop cardiomyopathy which can give weak heart. I will suggest your son to discuss about further heart treatment or any possible surgery if required due to risk of heart failure.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes

Amir