abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.

Can I type my question here? It's about my daughter. She is

Customer Question

Can I type my question here?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It's about my daughter. She is 15, taking ADHD med. Can't recall what it is called at the moment. Yes, she has been to her pediatrician and today left school and went to an urgent care place. No one seems concerned except me.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She was adopted from Russia when she was 28 months old, and she tested positive for TB and took 6 (or 9 - don't exactly recall) months of Isoniazid. She's also an athlete.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has been having bouts of lightheadedness and recently center chest pain and said her arm felt tingly and cold and later her jaw had a sharp pain that lasted a few minutes. She went to school nurse and her BP was 138/66 and pulse was 100. She is 4' 11" and 100 lbs. we took her to a dr who thought she had gas and said she's too young for any cardiac tests.
Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 month ago.

What is your question?

Why did she need to go to urgent care today ?

What symptoms does she have?

( common ADHD meds include Ritalin / Adderall / Strategies/ others..)

Let me know what details and questions that you have and I will get back with you

Best for now...

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I typed in more info. Just wondering if we should push for her to have a heart test, based on what is going on. She is very healthy otherwise, but I thought chest pains, and pains on your left side were serious. We don't have any family history for her.
Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

It would be fine to have her checked...sure to that ..

Pediatric cardiologist

Typically what we think of with heart disease = coronary artery blockage >> yes she is too young for THAT

BUT a viral infection can infect the heart ( viral myocarditis ) infection of lining outside the heart ( pericarditis ) rhythm disturbances and valve issues may occur at any age

So it is not unreasonable at all to have her checked further in this regard

I agree it is reasonable to evaluate further with combination of chest pain and light headed symptoms ...

Most often serious conditions are not the case at her young age -- that is true ..

I agree with being cautious however and thorough and not dismissive of her symptoms

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you!
Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome ...

Take Care ...

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best regards ***** *****!

Anthony Bray MD