dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Iam a medical specilaist and now doing training in Cardiology and have more then ten years experience in respective field.
16766337

I need to speak with a cardiologist about my pulse.

Customer Question

Category: Cardiology
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

How can I help you please ...

Regards .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My pulse has been raised the past week or so. Usually, when I am standing still my pulse is 78, it has been around 90 for a week or so. Before, my pulse was 87 walking around my hot shop, its now 100 consistently. Any small exertion will raise my pule to 120 easy. Before it would be around 101-104
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know have you had anxiety , fever , anemia or Thyroid issue ?

Regards.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No anxiety, nor fever. None of my blood tests have showed anemia or thyroid issue
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what can happen to make that change all of the sudden?
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

thanks for info ...

If you have no issue and sudden change / increase in heart rate is there than you should get 24 Holter monitoring to look for 24 hours heart rate to decide further .

Second Autonomic instability like excess of sympathetic stimulation could cause it .

Please first get Holter .

Regards .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had a holter monitor test a year ago. It was good. I also had a stress echo that was good in FebWhat is Autonomic instability like excess of sympathetic stimulation?
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

This will clear up with Tilt table test , it will differentiate between Autonomic instability and other causes , so as you have had other test already which are normal , than next step is to proceed with Tilt table test .

Regards .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is Autonomic instability like excess of sympathetic stimulation?
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Yes this is excess of Autonomic stimulation .

Regards .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
could it be from being inactive for a couple weeks?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is Autonomic instability like excess of sympathetic stimulation?n
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

No inactivity will not effect sympathetic system ..

Regards .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
will you please explain what Autonomic instability like excess of sympathetic stimulation is and how it applies to me?
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Sudden fluctuations in heart rate itself suggests Autonomic instability thats why it applies over you .

Its symptoms varies from syncope , dizziness , to variation in heart rate , so you have mild form of Autonomic instability in the form of variation in heart rate .

Regards .