Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Received test results for my father. Can you interpret?

Customer Question

Received test results for my father. Can you interpret? Thanks
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Test results attached
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today.

The result of the CT Scan:

1. Lungs atelectasis: small portions of the lung are not expanding and filling with air. This can be a result of smoking, prior infection, but because of the small area involved should not cause any medical problems.

2. Kidney cyst: This is a common finding in many persons his age and does not represent any medical problem.

3. Diverticulosis: these are outpockets in the colon (large bowel) that are not infected and should not account for any pain in the abdomen. They can get infected (Diverticulitis)and cause fever and significant pain in the abdomen.

4. Fatty liver: usually caused by elevated triglycerides (part of cholesterol) as a result of alcohol use. Can be reversed after eliminating alcohol or medication (if levels are very high, usually 1000 or more).

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any additional questions about your father's CT result?