Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)

I am 62 years old, female. I suffer with major depression,

Customer Question

I am 62 years old, female. I suffer with major depression, bipolar disorder, and ADD. My blood pressure is high mostly all the time. I take a beta blocker and 3anti-stress meds and still have trouble with blood pressure. Lately my legs look like a road map, mottled knees, look like bruises, some swelling ad well. My knees look lumpy with white and purple areas. My PCP has yet to send me to a cardiologist, saying my symptoms are emotional. I have horrible panic attacks feeling like heart attacks, but are not. I'm seeing my PCP this morning to show her my legs again. Do you suspect this could be cardio-vascular? I exercise daily, am in good physical health, poor mental health. Thank you for helping.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have redness/pain warmth in legs?

Does your chest pain radiates to the left arm?

Does the chest pain increases with exertion,like upon walking?

Can you attach a picture to show the legs/knee?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

As you said that your blood pressure is not controlled and it is still high,the swelling in legs/feet you are having can be due to odema.Edema is another term for water retention. The most common cause of edema feet are:Prolonged standing,long journeys,increased age,venous insufficiency,varicose veins,certain medications.Edema foot(swelling in foot) can also be due to heart failure, kidney failure, or liver failure.

Another possibility can be of blood clots.Blood clots can form is the deep veins of the leg, causing a blockage in circulation resulting in swelling.

Bruises are very common in elderly age.Due to elderly age capillary walls become more fragile and prone to rupture.Other common causes of such bruise are:deficiencies in vitamins B-12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising,diabetes,side affect of certain medication,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound scan of the leg,

- D-dimer blood test,Doppler studies,

-Complete blood count(CBC)

-Kidney function test(KFT)

Your symptoms does not seem to be due to cardiac/heart related.I don't think you need a cardio appointment however a vascular doctor(blood vessels specialized) may need to be consulted for the above described tests so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Also anti hypertensive medications may need to be increased/added to control your high blood pressure.

Hope this helped.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks - didn't tell me anything that I knew already. That's ok. Don't charge me more than 30.00. I also waited one half hour for answer. Have a great day.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't charge more than 30 dollars because I am living on Social security and can't afford this. I should have known better . Please please please. No more than 30 dollars TOPS.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry for the delay in answer you got.Actually I was waiting for your reply & the photo to be attached.

With your additional info & the picture,I can narrow down the diagnosis & tell you the exact cause.

If you still have any questions,please let me know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions.You will not be charged extra.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Want to leave site now. Email me back to tell me what you took from me. Thanks. Goodvye
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What are you charging me as if NOW. Please give me amount you charged. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As of now - what did you charge
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for using the just answer website.If you have any issues regarding the payments,please contact the moderators/customer care. Definetely your issues will be resolved.

Thank you

Kind Regards