Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Recently i have been diagnosed with COPD however i have no

Customer Question

recently i have been diagnosed with COPD however i have no symptoms.i am now 70
but at 22 and 25 i had pleurectomies for emphosemis blebs which were mostly resected and i have had no recurrences of any kind.my questions ...could the fact that
my lungs are stuck to the visceral plural be what is causing my diagnosis of COPD.having no symptoms of COPD i really don't want my medical record to show this as it will become a problem in the future.
thank you.sue morin
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your question. Yes, the scarring could give an x-ray diagnosis of COPD. Discuss this with the doctor who made the diagnosis and if it is based on an x-ray reading, ask to have the diagnosis removed from your medical record. If however, the diagnosis was made due to physical testing, spirometry, pulmonary function studies, then the diagnosis may be appropriate. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response.