Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

A lot of burping wit increased heart rate tonight. Dizziness

Customer Question

A lot of burping wit increased heart rate tonight. Dizziness and numbness, as well
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

Are all these symptoms of recent onset? What is your heart rate? Are you also having fever? Where do you feel the numbness? Do you suffer from any medical condition? Do you take any daily medications? Any recent investigations done?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on and off for a few days. We're on vacation, husband thinks it is panic attack. Lots of burping, increased heart rate with dizziness. Some numbness in face not sure if it's because I'm tensed up.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No current meds, took aspirin and Tums tonight.

Do you suffer from panic attack?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure, it have been yo hospital once in the past year by ambulance due to similar symptoms and they told me it was fine and mentioned anxiety. Could it really feel this awful? If was fibe and then it came on suddenly.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still feeling very dizzy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just checked my heart rate and it's at 87 now, was at 112 laying down
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there?

Dear customer,

These symptoms can occur in many disorders and should not be presumed to be due to panic attack unless other conditions have been ruled out by a doctor who will examine you and also order the necessary investigations. You may be suffering from a viral gastroenteric infection which may cause some of your symptoms. If this is the case then the increased heart rate and dizziness may be due to dehydration. You need to drink adequate fluids and juices with a balance meal and also soups.

The dizziness requires a few investigations to rule out an ear infection and also blood investigations to rule out anemia. Please go to the nearest health center.

This could be very well due to anxiety, however that is not the first diagnosis that we need to consider.

It is reassuring that the heart rate is now normal.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Shold in be seen while on vacation here?

Yes the examination by your doctor will just take a few minutes and will rule out any serious condition.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would you recommend I'm be seen while on vacation

Yes I would recommend this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, so no emergency just schedule an appt. To be seen?

That would depend on your symptoms. If you are having severe symptoms which are disabling and you are not able to go on with your daily activities, then I would recommend an emergency visit. If the symptoms are mild and tolerable you may schedule an appointment.

Later you may consult your doctor in your location regarding this, and also fill a questionnaire to know whether you suffer form panic disorder, and if you do suffer from this then consulting a therapist will be beneficial.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** your input.

You are welcome.

Please take a moment to rate the answer with 5 stars above.

Thanks.