Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

A fried has been having Chest pains for one month. Heart

Customer Question

A fried has been having Chest pains for one month. Heart pain to
Be specific. Short of breath. Can not take more than a few steps without needing to sit down.
Very weak. Also pain on the left and right sides of his stomach.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

your friend needs to go to the ER and hospital right away to find out what is going on

he needs testing and scans to see why he is having these symptoms.

how old is your friend

what medications is he taking?

he is not willing to go see a doctor? does he have health insurance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He went to the er when the symptoms began.
They did nothing for him. An echocardiogram and blood test. He had to insist for anything else. They took a chest x-Ray. Told him he looks fine and is too young to have heart pain. Sent him home. He described all symptoms to them, and specifically said that the pain worsens upon exertion. They ignored and said it was likely muscle strain.
A few days ago, his face swelled up and pain on both sides of his stomach began. He said his head pulses when he drinks water. He also told that to the PA at the er. They had no answer for that, either. Needless to say, he does not wish to return to the er to sit 8 hours for 15 minutes of illogical non-medical advice.

he needs to get a primary care doctor who can listen to him and order more testing

he could have bad anxiety disorder which would need treatment for anxiety.

severe anxiety can cause chest pains and shortness of breath

he could have hyperthyroidism which would need blood test to check for thyroid hormones.

he could get more heart testing, but most likely the heart is fine.

is this your friend or are we talking about you here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I said friend.
Why would you question that?
And how could it be anxiety when the person has no anxiety?
And you completely skipped over an response to facial swelling and head-pulsing after drinking water.
This service stinks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
For the record, I'm a woman. I thought this at least displayed that information to you. I described my friend, a 35 year-old male. I'm trying to help a sick friend and investigate some things because he's sick and I want to hell.
Stick to medicine instead of playing detective. It's really unprofessional to ask someone if they're lying. Besides the fact that you're totally foolish if they are NOT, it also gives them no reassurance that you're here to answer their questions. You can rest assured I'll be voicing this in the review.

you made some assumptions as well.

no we don't get any more information than what you are telling me.

no, I didn't know you were a woman.

I didn't know your friend was 35.

it is hard enough to help clients with questions when they give limited information.

you are asking me to help you help your friend with symptoms they are passing to you without the benefit of getting any more information from your friend.

I never said you were lying.

is his face really swelling or he is feeling is face is swelling. there is a big difference.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made no assumptions. Upon asking, there are fields that pop up BEFORE it sends my question. These fields ask for the gender and age of person. I entered those. That is not an assumption to think that they passed this information along and it is certainly not an assumption to point out a FACT; you just asked me if I was lying. I said a friend. You asked if it is "you that we are talking about here."
Had you concentrated more on providing the service for which you are being paid, instead of asking ridiculous questions and interrogating people, you might see concede these irrefutable points. I'm not interested in your services. You're unprofessional.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the benefit of getting more information. My friend is in the next room. I've been helping them since this began. Another incorrect assumption. People like you make this service terrible.

I have helped more than 26000 clients here since June of 2010

I am a practicing MD here in the USA, trained in the USA

I am still willing to help you and your friend here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you. I've said all I need to say.
Anyone reading this exchange can see that you were not here to help.

your friend could have bad anxiety disorder which would need treatment for anxiety.

he should get blood test to check for autoimmune disorders and inflammatory disorders.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I said no thank you.
You keep insisting it's anxiety.
Can anxiety cause someone's face to swell like a balloon?
Please stop messaging me.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then end this conversation. I would very much like to rate your poor service.

I will opt out so another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No one else has contacted. Terrible service.
Expert:  DrDLove replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Love. The other expert has opted out, and I posted an answer on your other thread.