Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I was denied a better life insurance rate due to the results

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
I was denied a better life insurance rate due to the results of ,
My ekg. I have the ekg with no interpretation. Can I send it to someone to review please? From my brief research seems like slow heart rate.Adriane
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No family history of heart diseases. I'm 47 workout mostly cardio 3 x per week. Generally I feel tired but not any more than usual.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Family history of diabetes paternal grandparent. Cancer maternal grandmother. Maternal aunt a fib died at 70. I do not smoke.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

I am happy to look at your EKG

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Attached is my EKG report for your review.
  • This EKG does not follow the standards sequence and it looks like it's put together using individual pieces/leads. This could have confused the physician who interpreted it for the insurance company
  • Over all, it looks normal. There are minor non-specific changes in the 3 leads, fairly common in very normal people and do not indicate pathology. For the untrained eye, this could raise unnecessery concerns
  • You should have a new better quality EKG. If the changes are still there and the insurance company is still concerned, then get an evaluation with a cardiologist for the purpose of documenting your healthy normal status. Your heart rate is normal on the EKG, not an issue at all and I do not see any thing of concern otherwise

If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. Best wishes