Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

Could someone tell me why me why the left side of my chest,

Customer Question

Could someone tell me why me why the left side of my chest, ribs, and arm hurt me at the moment?
Category: Cardiology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've also been experiencing things such as a chilling sensation, neck pain, and back pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This most likely due to muscle fatigue and spasm. If these are the only symptoms.

If there is cold sweating, anxiety, shortness of breath and the pain is very sharp, then getting an EKG done at the ER or the Urgent Care will be the best course of action.

Muscle spasms and fatigue usually subsides within 24-48 hours with the proper rest, hydration and tylenol.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The pains are sharp but are on and off
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm kind of sweating as well
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm confused because my doctor told me I don't have heart issues
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why else would shit like this happen
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 2 months ago.

• At your age, 24 years, the chance of heart disease that would lead to chest pain is VERY LOW.
  • Your description of the pain clearly indicates chest wall muscles and joint strain which is classically brought about or aggravated by movement. As the muscles intensely spasm, you feel them and when they relax, the pain is gone.
  • Your doctor is correct. With your age and this chest pain description, your pain is VERY unlikely to be related to your heart.
  • Advil and a muscle relaxant (OTC) for 2-3 days would help resolve your pains

Best wishes