DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

I Have had issues over the last 4 years my restig heart rate

Customer Question

I Have had issues over the last 4 years my restig heart rate has always been in the 90s i have episodes where it goes up to 140 resiting i get chest pains often never severe but they cause anxiety
in 2009 i had a tilt table, 4 ekgs and a stress test all ok again two months ago i had 2 ekgs a chest xray and stress test at the hospital all normal ( i can show results)
I was put on metorporal 50mg i still get occasional heart rate rises and sometimes feel lilke i cant breathe i have heart fluctuations from 66 to 105 daily my dr feels its anxiety i am trying to decide if i need to go see a cardio
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Hello

If you have not seen a cardio, which I doubt, yes you should.

It can be anxiety.

The way to find out is to treat the anxiety.

You have not, apparently, had a holter monitor which is where you monitor your heart for a period of time.

This is what should be done at this point.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i had a holter monitor 3 years ago it was ok. i saw a cardiologist then but have not recentllyi do treat the anxiety and usually it helps but could it be just me resting as apposed the the medicine for anxiety

I think you should also get cognitive behavioral therapy.

I think to be safe you should repeat the holter.