DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.

I have bouts of undiagnosed inflammation. THey always

Customer Question

I have bouts of undiagnosed inflammation. THey always involve pain in my legs. This time the pain is extreme.I have pain in both of my calfs and thighs. My legs bother me when I sleep, when I walk, but mostly when I sit.I also noticed that when I sit in a chair my toes will start to turn purple. When I pick my feet up the color immediately changes.I went to the ER today and they did an ultrasound and said there was no clot, and the doctor said I had a good pulse in my foot and ankle.I need to know what it may possibly be and what other tests I can ask for.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

First of all you need to be working with a doctor, preferably an internist, not the :ER. They will not follow up.

The doctor you work with should decide on tests based on exam.

Your description fits more arterial disease in the legs, and you need specific

arterial dopper studies. They looked for a clot in the vein it sounds like.

More than that , these symptoms can represent lower spine disc disease, which can affect the legs with no other symptoms. If this is indicated on exam, you need an MRI of the lower spine.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here