abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.

I am having issues breathing. Last time this occurred it

Customer Question

I am having issues breathing. Last time this occurred it lasted for months. My chest is sore and for the first time ever my feet swelled like water retention. I went to er they ran blood test to make sure renal and liver are ok. Which they said was fine. That day both my feel were swelled with no pain so they said it's probably not a clot because it was both but it's been three days and now only one leg is doing it. It goes down at night but comes back. My left arm and leg feel like they aren't getting circulation. Head pressure and headaches.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  abray1115 replied 3 months ago.

Well you are young but yet you describe some serious symptoms here...

Shortness of breath should not be ta***** *****ghtly

I think that with your symptoms you should get checked tonight at ER...

I think a blood test for D-Dimer ( checks for abnormal clotting such as may be the case with DVT or PE (pulmonary embolism )

You may benefit to have heart checked with EKG and echocardiogram ( you are not in much risk at age for heart attack no but other issues could be possible -- pericarditis / endocarditis

I think that checking your blood oxygen level and chest xray and affected extremities is warranted

I hope that this information is helpful for you

If you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD