Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology

I have been a soccer player my whole life I'm currently

Customer Question

I have been a soccer player my whole life I'm currently 18 about to turn 19. I stopped playing for about for 4 months because I got hooked on to marijuana, recently I realized that smoking isn't my thing so I came back to my passion which is soccer, is been about 2 months since I stopped smoking, and it has been about a 5 weeks that I got back into competitive soccer, but now when I train or force my self a little on the field, Iget home feeling really weak and start sweating. I throw up and right after I do vomit, I feel normal again. This only happens rarely when I push myself but the weird thing is that before I used to push myself even harder and never vomited or felt this way, I just felt extremely exhausted which was normal...another important thing is that my diet has been about the same, when I was smoking it was a weak and un healthy diet, but ever since I started playing again my diet is the same, any answers on what could be causing this?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you have only been playing for 5 weeks

you need more time to get back into shape

your diet was poor just 5 weeks ago

you need to give your body more time to improve and to get more efficient and healthier and stronger.

make sure you drink plenty of fluid and water and get more potassium into your diet from fruits and vegetables and drinking orange juice

you are young and your body will recover from smoking marijuana and having a poor diet

but it can take more than just 5 weeks.

let me know if you have questions.