Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I've had an upper respitory infection week. Both my kids

Customer Question

I've had an upper respitory infection for a week. Both my kids have "summer colds" as well. Although I feel better-no sinus pain anymore and soar throat gone, It feels as though there is a brick on my chest! Is this "normal" and will go away in another few days or should I go to dr?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.

Greetings

• This viral infection typically involves the upper as well as the lower respiratory tract, though the manifestation varies, mostly upper respiratory tract. As it resolves it tends to be associated with bronchitis, and tracheitis and which gives you the feeling are you having
  • This typically resolve in few days provided you give your self adequate rest and avoid cold-warm air transition as possible. If not careful, it can be complicated by a bacterial bronchitis, easy to treat but annoying
  • If it does not resolve by Monday OR if it gets worse, I would advise you to see your doctor for an exam and chest Xray.
  • I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions

If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes

Do you have any questions ?