Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  I am a certified critical care specialist with experience of working in cardiology for over 2 years including CCU and CSICU
22950887

What drug can cause balance issues, dizziness and blurred

Customer Question

What drug can cause balance issues, dizziness and blurred vision - I have all those. And yes I suffer from constipation which I gather is from the Seroquel and Amytriptalene. If I had high cholesterol how would I know?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

There are a number of drugs which can cause all of these effects in fact the following drugs which you are using can cause these effects,

1) Dizziness - seroquel, amitriptyline, trazodone

2) Balance issues - seroquel, amitriptyline

3) Blurred vision - Trazodone (occurs in 14% patients), seroquel (in 10% patients), amitriptyline (in 10% patients)

There are interactions between these three drugs as well which could be the reason that you are experiencing these side effects.

Secondly if you have high cholesterol, the only way to know for sure would be to get a fasting lipid profile test done which would tell if you had high cholesterol or high LDL levels. High cholesterol levels only cause symptoms when they block arteries of an organ such as the heart leading to a heart attack, or the arteries of the brain leading to a stroke. That is why you should be screened for cholesterol levels once a year after the age of 45.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else?

Do you have any more questions?