abray1115
abray1115, Physician
Experience:  Primary care with particular interest in cardiology problems and prevention. Work closely with cardiologist colleagues.
13781349

Will cardiac problems cause pins and needles in your feet? I

Customer Question

Will cardiac problems cause pins and needles in your feet?
I do not have sugar. No one seams to know what it is.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  abray1115 replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

No pins and needles sensation of both feet ? That sounds more suggestive of a peripheral neuropathy . True the MOST COMMON cause of peripheral neuropathy is statistically due to complication of diabetes ( so even though you have no history would STILL. advise checking your fasting blood sugar and hemoglobin A1C) ...there are about 100 plus causes potentially of a peripheral neuropathy ...

Seeing your primary care doctor to start work up and then also a neurologist for this symptom would be a normal course

Checking for normal metabolic parameters / electrlytes/ thyroid function...

Screening for certain exposures // heavy metals/ certain chemicals

Checking for B12 deficiency

Check for certain infections ( Lymes disease ) and autoimmune disease would be helpful

A neurologist may pursue other tests such as nerve conduction studies

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD