DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

I am 51 female. My total cholesterol is 319 the hdl is 112 .

Customer Question

I am 51 female. My total cholesterol is 319 the hdl is 112 . Does the total need lowered ? Or is the 2.84 by dividing those two good?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloYour HDL is so high this is not likely to be a concern.It contributes to the total calculation.Unless your LDL were very high, this should not be a concern. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/