Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology
16248889

I suffered a massive heart attack 27yrs ago at 25yrs old..

Customer Question

I suffered a massive heart attack 27yrs ago at 25yrs old.. 7 yrs ago my heart starting pounding non-stop, failed stress test and needed ICD. Today, I continue with the pounding but also have suffered the following new symptoms for 6 months: Heart pounding constantly
Heart Fluttering left side (by ribs), quick double & triple beats (palpitations)(can feel it with my hands)
Light Headed, Dizzy and feel like fainting frequently
Extreme fatigue, tired, no energy. Feel like sleeping every 2 or 3 hrs
Shortness of breath and have to take deep breaths
Tingling, Vibrations, electricity running through my left arm, chest and head..
Feels like I am in a fog or dream and mind is not clear
Anxiety/panic attacks feelings for no reason (like I am being injected with adrenaline)
Nausea, stomach cramps
Medications I take are:
Coumadin 2mg (1x)
Ranexa 500md (2x)
Digoxin .25mg (1x)
Tofranil 100mg (night)
Xanax .5mg (night)
Pravastatin 80mg (1x)
Coreg 3.125 (2x)
Tapazole 10mg (every other day)
Ecotrin 81mg
Folic Acid
Vitamin D3-1000
Attached is my echocardiogram from 2015..
What do you think my Doctor will say when I see him about this and perhaps what treatment?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloYou need a 48 hour holter monitor.Or an event monitor.Your new symptoms are consistent with a rhythm problem, perhaps a fib, or SVT, or excess PVCs that has not been dignosed.It depends on the finding at to the treatment.If A fib, maybe nothing different.If heart block with rhythm problem, maybe a pace maker. I would not wait on the appointment. I would be seen now. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 6 months ago.
These symptoms indicate abnormal rhythm which can be fib, flutter or PVCs or runs of VT, which are compromising blood flow to your vital organs, mainly brain that is why you are getting these symptoms of dizziness and foggy feeling. It needs urgent emergency care. It happens due to malfunction of the ICD or due to failure of ICD to control too many tachy arrhythmia. You should call an ambulance and visit emergency ASAP. I am assistant professor in field of cardiology with fellowship and working as a supervisor of training for postgraduate students. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.
HelloAs I said I would be seen now. As I told you, do not wait on an appointment.I would suggest that you not wait.You must also consider that with this amount of medications, that these can be responsible as well. As I meant to tell you earlier, I would have these examined very carefully.Several can have interactions that are negative.Digoxin can become toxic, and you need levels taken. This can be a prime cause of rhythm problems.I am a double board certified US doctor, certified by the American Board of Medical examiners.Find me anytime for correct, safe, and comprehensive answers.