Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP U.K(R), Senior Registrar Cardiology

What will be the recovery time who had undergone

Customer Question

What will be the recovery time for patient who had undergone radio frequency ablation, how often should the patient go for follow ups
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 5 months ago.
Radiofrequency ablation is often done even in the outpatient setting; the recovery time is much shorter than traditional methods of achieving the same end result. What exactly was the patient being treated for?
Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question, i am assistant professor in this field and can help you understand how we proceed after ablation. As with ablation there are high chances of heart blocks so we keep ask patient to keep an eye on their heart rate and check for symptoms like dizziness or blackouts. In most cases this needs around 5-7 days of close watch. Then we call them at 7 days, 4 weeks, 8 and then 12 weeks. If no complications which are checked with ECG, echocardiogram then patient is told to follow up at 6 months for 2 years. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.