Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

What do I take when my blood pressure has dropped to 115/62

Customer Question

What do I take when my blood pressure has dropped to 115/62 p75 I am on blood pressure medication Exforge 5/160
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. How do you feel when your blood pressure drops to this level?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
If you feel well at this level then you really do not need to do anything. This is a normal BP for a lot of people. If it is very low for you, or you get symptomatic, try eating a salty meal and lying down. This will help to support your BP and blood flow to your brain. You should ask your doctor if it is appropriate to skip a dose of your BP medication if your pressure falls to this level. Typically this is not necessary. Also, before you do anything, check your BP machine against another machine to make sure you are getting accurate readings. Your GP's nurse can do this for you in clinic.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your advice I felt much like I did with high blood pressure, knew there was something not quite right, sore head, feeling a bit like an airhead and not quite with it, I kept checking each hour, and called my doc, we just need to keep a check on it, and yes I can miss a dose if need be, again many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome. It sounds like you did everything right. Hope all continues to go well. God bless.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
Hi Sharon. How's your BP today? Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.