Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My daughter has been told by her doctor that she must have

Customer Question

My daughter has been told by her doctor that she must have a stomach pacemaker surgery. It seems that the only doctor in this part of the country that does this surgery does not accept her ins.(United Health Care). Approx. What does this surgery cost? Her doctor said that she must have it. What are our options? We live in south Mississippi.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Hi This is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. First call her insurance company and explain the situation to them. Most of the time the insurance company will make arrangements with the doctor on a one time basis to cover her care or find another doctor in your area that can do the same procedure. I can not estimate the cost of the surgery or hospital, but that is not the important factor at this time. What's important is getting the surgery completed. I hope this has been helpful. Please rate my response and a positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr Stan. Have you contacted your insurance company to start the process of getting the surgery your daughter needs?