Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I just did a blood panel Cardiologist and I'm having

Customer Question

I just did a blood panel for my Cardiologist and I'm having a little pain in my chest area. The doctor wants to do procedure where they go through my thigh up to my heart. They're also going to do more blood work along with this procedure. My question is, what's the difference in the two separate bloods works?
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.The procedure the cardiologist wants to do is called an angiography in which they introduce a catheter through the femoral artery and go in to the coronary arteries, inject a dye and visualize for any narrowing and blockage. If any is found an angioplasty is done in the same setting and at the same time, angioplasty is when stents are introduced in the narrowed lumen to open them up.The other set of blood work is general blood work like liver function tests, renal function tests, lipid profile etc. which is routine before this procedure.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Best wishes.