Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I want to sleep. I am scared to. I just got discharged from

Customer Question

I want to sleep. I am scared to. I just got discharged from the er. The labs, ekg, chest xray came back normal. I dont know whats wrong with me. I start to go to sleep and i feel like my body drops and my heart races up to 160 170. What can i do to sleep until i see a cardiologist? Please help.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Hi This is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. The fact that you had normal ekg, labs and xray suggests that your discomfort is not related to a heart attack. Trying to relax until you see the cardiologist is difficult, but it is the best thing for you. Try taking some herbal tea like chamomile at night before going to bed. Slow deep breathes will also help relax you. Melatonin is an over the counter herbal that also helps to relax so you can sleep. I hope this helps you until you see your cardiologist and your fears can be relieved. I am here for you should you have any additional questions.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr Stan. Hope you are feeling better and you have seen the cardiologist. The rating page has been enabled and a positive rating is always appreciated.