Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

Pain in my upper right chest area. Had an ekg, chest x ray,

Customer Question

Pain in my upper right chest area. Had an ekg, chest x ray, blood pressure, blood ox, and nothing. No fever no flu no cough and the doctor gave me an air "blowing test" in some tube with a computer and nothing.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
I happy to help you. What exactly is your concern or question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pain in my upper right chest area. Had an ekg, chest x ray, blood pressure, blood ox, and nothing. No fever no flu no cough and the doctor gave me an air "blowing test" in some tube with a computer and nothing. Just baffled as to what is wrong
Tell me more: How bad is the pain? is it constant? changes with taking deep breath? worse when you touch the area? what makes it worse? I take it you do not have any medical issues otherwise? Do you smoke ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not smoke I quit long ago but I do use an electronic cigarette. It doesn't hurt on an xhale more so on a deep inhale but def more in the morning when I awake. It hurts more so when laying on my right side or bending down to tie my shoes. Its not a sharp pain but more a dull ache that is now annoying. The pain isn't constant and i can make it appear and disappear by manipulating my arm or body position. The pain is not on the surface but more internal about six inches above my nipple and more towards my shoulder. My other condition is that I have a prescription for omeprazole 20mg for persistent heartburn.
Based on the information you provided, your chest pain is most likely of skeletal origin: right upper chest location, rather localized, intensity changes with position, and it is not constant, you are able to make it appear and disappear. This is unlikely to be of cardiac source. Skeletal pains in a man your age are common, and in this location typically benign. It usually subsides on it's own provided any triggering physical activities are stopped (at least temporary), such as lifting heavy weight, pushing or pulling heavy items. These symptoms are unlikely to be related to GERD, though the heart burn is. Let me know if you have any further questions on the subject.
I am just checking to see if you have any further questions. I hope you are satisfied with my response. If you are, just a gentle reminder to complete the star rating, thats how we get paid. You may still email me with questions on this subject even after you completed your rating