DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Classical homeopath also board certified in integrative and holistic medicine. Many years of practice, also all of medicine.
24257177

Dr Phil, I've spoken to you before about my boyfriend and

Customer Question

Hi Dr Phil, I've spoken to you before about my boyfriend and possible ChurgStrauss.. we went to an Osteopath, got new blood tests... he has mycoplasma... and just got a new blood test back that I need help with...I'm used to reading Eosinophils reported as say .8 or 1.1We have a different lab test that says 7.2%, this seems like a different way to report it where the norm says 0.0-5.0 ... can you help me interpret it?Also, got the SedRate back, ESR = 5 mm/hrTotal Protein Low = 6.0
Globulin Low = 2.1Thanks for your help!
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 10 months ago.
HelloI am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor US in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.This elevation is quite common and not very significant.It can be due to the mycoplasma. But actually, they are raised in Churg-Strauss as I am sure you know. I don't think this is an active problem at this point with this elevation, I will tell you why. ESR is normal to low. There is not a great degree of inflammation here.Protein and globulin also are not significantly off.I would absolutely not be worrying about these lab numbers right now....I WOULD make sure the mycoplasma is effectively treated.As long as his nutrition is OK. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.